"A divorce is one of the most stressful events we can face in life. It elicits various emotions, many of which are negative. For most, divorce means significant restructuring of family, possessions and finances. My family law practice consists of litigation and collaborative as a means to achieve divorce. In the collaborative divorce process, a team approach of legal, mental health and/or financial professionals may be used in concert to create a client-centered process to navigate a divorce, property settlement, support, custody disputes and even post judgment conflicts. While not all cases are appropriate for collaborative, I firmly believe clients on the other side of a collaborative divorce are healthier, happier and more supported than those who chose to litigate their divorce."
-Erin McGaughey Attorney
Benefits of a California No Court Divorce
- Promotes respect and keeps you in control of the process
- Reduces conflict and negative emotions
- Helps couples focus on their most important goals
- Keeps information private so sensitive issues and finances remain out of the public eye.
- Saves time and resources by keeping the process out of court