After going through my own divorce in my early-20s at the Torrance courthouse, I went to law school, became an attorney, and I immediately established my family law office in Torrance 2013 to help other families in transition. After nearly 10 years of grueling court battles, and after my family welcomed young children, I made a conscientious decision to step away from the courtroom and work with families using mediation and collaborative divorce principles of conflict resolution. I counsel clients about the benefits of mediation and collaborative approaches so they may understand the legal framework and begin to start making cohesive and informed decisions about their children, property, expenses, etc. In cases where the family intentionally stays out of court, the end result of the case is typically less stressful, more cost-effective, more quickly resolved, and the family’s privacy can be maintained. I whole-heartedly endorse principles of collaborative divorce and mediation for families whose mutual goal is to stay out of court, manage the trauma of the breakup in a healthy ways, and preserve and strengthen the family bonds.
Benefits of a California “No Court” Divorce
- Promotes respect and keeps you in control of the process
- Reduces conflict and negative emotions
- Helps couples focus on their most important goals
- Keeps information private so sensitive issues and finances remain out of the public eye.
- Saves time and resources by keeping the process out of court