RJ Thomas is an experience Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist with a specialty in family therapy and couple counseling. He received his B.A. degree from Washington and Lee University and his M.A. Degree from Pepperdine University. RJ has two-years of post-graduate training in family systems therapy from Airport-Marina Counseling Service, advanced training in Emotionally Focused Therapy and training in collaborative divorce. He has extensive experience working with families, couples and individuals in a wide variety of settings.
He has served on the board of Long Beach-South Bay CAMFT and the Los Angeles Center for Emotionally Focused Therapy. He has presented trainings in family therapy at Antioch University, The Maple Center, Pepperdine University, Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services and LBSB-CAMFT. RJ is a member of EFT Center of Los Angeles and the International Center for Excellence in EFT.
Benefits of Collaborative Practice
- Promotes respect and keeps you in control of the process
- Reduces conflict and negative emotions
- Helps couples focus on their most important goals
- Keeps information private so sensitive issues and finances remain out of the public eye.
- Saves time and resources by keeping the process out of court