Many experts will tell you that the stress from divorce closely equals the death of an immediate family member, such as a spouse or child.
Sometimes divorce will take everything, financially and emotionally, out of you and leave you feeling lost.
But there is a better way – a way that will lessen the sting and leave your family intact. It’s called collaborative divorce.
In this model, you and your spouse have a team consisting of a neutral financial advisor, mental health experts and an attorney for each of you, ready to help both of you weather the divorce storm. There is even support available for your children.
Mental health experts experienced in divorce and its impact will work with your family, including your children, to teach you to reduce the stress levels divorce causes. Here are a few things our child mental health specialist may suggest when they first meet with you and your spouse:
- It is essential to respect each other in front of your children
- Work toward reducing conflict and negative emotions by learning how to co-parent
- Focus on your most important parenting goals
- Become educated through a child mental health specialist on how you can meet your child’s needs concerning getting a divorce
- Develop creative problem-solving skills and resolutions that works well for every family member by working with a divorce coach
Utilizing a team of experts in a collaborative divorce is normally less costly and faster than a litigated divorce, not to mention a more peaceful and respectful process.
A Better DivorceTM is an interdisciplinary group of professionals who are committed to non-court, non-confrontational solutions for family law matters.
We will provide you with access to qualified professionals who can help you determine if the no court collaborative divorce process is right for you and your family. Contact us today!
Note: This information is general in nature and should not be construed as legal/financial/tax/or mental health advice. You should work with your attorney, financial, mental health or tax professional to determine what will work best for your situation.