When you and your spouse said, “I do,” divorce was not even on your radar screen, but as the honeymoon phase waned and time marched on, you began to discover that “happy ever after” was not going to be the outcome you desired.
While there are numerous reasons divorce occurs, it is sometimes hard to realize that your relationship with your spouse has ended.
We often find with our clients that there are some predictable things that occur. Here are a few of them:
- Daydreaming about leaving your spouse on a constant basis
- The bad parts of your marriage outweigh the good parts
- There is a barrier between both of you that doesn’t allow for sharing your thoughts and feelings
- Intimate feelings and thoughts can’t be shared between each other
- Your effort level is not balanced and is way out of alignment
- Infidelity has occurred
- There are traits about the other person
- Lack of respect, caring and understanding is no longer present
- Abuse of any kind towards you or your children
- Constantly fighting or blaming each other
While these are the most common problems, realize that each marriage is different, and the reasons for divorce can be different from the above.
When you choose the collaborative divorce process, both you and your spouse, along with your children are paired with a mental health expert, child specialist or a divorce coach to help you work through the reasons your relationship came unraveled and how your family can move forward as a family unit once your divorce has been finalized.
A Better DivorceTM is an interdisciplinary group of professionals committed to non-court, non-confrontational solutions for family law matters.
We will provide you with access to qualified professionals who can help you determine if the collaborative divorce process is right for you and your family. Contact us today!
Note: This information is general in nature and should not be construed as legal/financial/tax/or mental health advice. You should work with your attorney, financial, mental health or tax professional to determine what will work best for your situation.